The Joy Of Water
1st Edition Apr 2020
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Book + eBook
Divided into five chapters by continent (Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania), journey to some of the world’s most far-flung corners in the search for sublime aquatic experiences, whether that’s for relaxing, contemplation or adventure. From wild swims off Britain’s remotest beach and coral reef-fuelled snorkelling trips in idyllic Mozambique, to sumptuous soaks in Iceland’s geothermally-heated pools and chill-out time with non-stinging jellyfish in Palau’s magical hidden lake, no corner is left unexplored.
With exquisite full-colour photography throughout and expert advice from Lonely Planet’s seasoned travel writers, be inspired to experience The Joy of Water all over the globe.
Featured experiences include:
- Peering down a 354-foot drop from your spot atop Victoria Falls’ thrilling infinity pool in Zambia
- Swimming in the sacred River Ganges as it bursts from the Himalaya and enters into India’s rolling plains
- Snorkelling with the world’s largest fish, the mighty whale shark, in the kaleidoscopic coral reefs of Ningaloo off western Australia
- Kayaking through the magical Fairy Pools on Scotland’s windswept Isle of Skye
- Cooling off with a dip in Guatemala’s tranquil and jungle-clad swimming pools in Semuc Champey
- Gazing at the hypnotising beauty of the surrounding mountains from Oregon’s Crater Lake, the deepest in the United States of America
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.