Lonely Planet’s South America is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk Patagonian glaciers, dance the night away in Rio de Janeiro and explore Incan ruins; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South America Travel Guide:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- NEW top experiences feature - a visually inspiring collection of [destination’s] best experiences and where to have them
- What's NEW feature taps into cultural trends and helps you find fresh ideas and cool new areas
- Improved planning tools for family travelers - where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 168 maps
Covers Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more
Publication Date: April 2022
Writers: Regis St Louis, Isabel Albiston, Robert Balkovich, Celeste Brash, Jade Bremner, Cathy Brown, Gregor Clark, Alex Egerton, Michael Grosberg, Anthony Ham, Mark Johanson, Anna Kaminski, Brian Kluepfel, Tom Masters, Carolyn McCarthy, MaSovaida Morgan, Anja Mutic, Kevin Raub, Brendan Sainsbury, Adam Skolnick, Paul Smith, Andy Symington, Phillip Tang, Luke Waterson, Wendy Yanagihara
1088 pages, 64pp color, 168 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: November 2024
Add to your travels:
Covering an entire continent with multiple countries in one volume is a challenge. This guide book does a pretty good job of it. The highlights of South America travel are laid out well. We found all of the information we needed in thisguide book, for a seven week trip through Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina and Chile. For longer stays in any one country, more “microscopic” views from specific vountry guides would be useful.
Excellent and well described
A great resource for a whole continent.