Lonely Planet Pocket Seoul, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
It's your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Wander the labyrinthine streets of Bukchon Hanok Village, explore the grand Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung palaces and try some local cuisine at Namdaemun Market – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Seoul and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus over 16 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Coverage Includes: Gwanghwamun, Myeong-Dong, Hongdae, Yeouido, Itaewon, Yongsan-gu, Apgujeong, Gangnam, Dongdaemun, and more
Publication Date: February 2019
Writers: Thomas O'Malley, Phillip Tang
160 pages, 160pp color, 18 maps | Dimensions: 106mm × 153mm
Next edition due: August 2024
Add to your travels:
Which guidebook is right for me?
The new EXPERIENCE SERIES replaces BEST OF SERIES