Lemurs, baobabs, rainforest, desert, hiking and diving: Madagascar is a dream destination for outdoors enthusiasts – half the fun is getting to all these incredible attractions. Lonely Planet is your passport to Madagascar, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Hike through the epic desert landscapes of Parc National Isalo, see lemurs in the wild, and watch baobabs cast long shadows from the setting sun; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madagascar and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Madagascar Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, Malagasy life, Arts, Malagasy cuisine, environment, wildlife guide, parks & reserves
Coverage includes: Antananarivo, Central Madagascar, Southern Madagascar, Western Madagascar, Northern Madagascar, Eastern Madagascar and more
Publication Date: June 2020
Writers: Anthony Ham, Stuart Butler, Emilie Filou, Helen Ranger
320 pages, 320pp color, 47 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: December 2023
Add to your travels: