Find the perfect match for your wanderlust
Which Guidebook is Right For Me?
Navigating the vast world of travel guides can be as exciting as planning the journey. Whether you need guidance for in-depth exploration, a deeper connection with the place you visit, or a compact powerhouse of essential information, there’s a Lonely Planet guidebook for you.
All you need to know
- In-depth and extensive
- Trip Duration: 2+ weeks
Definitive travel guidance with detailed insights, practical tips, and a wealth of information to help you explore your destination at a deeper level.
This collection of books is perfect for those who crave complete exploration of a destination. They will guide you to the top cultural and culinary excursions, reveal hidden gems, and uncover historical treasures.
Lonely Planet Complete Guides
What To Expect
- Color maps and images will make it easier to navigate.
- Country, city, or regional highlights will help you tailor your trip to your interests.
- A pull-out ‘Just Landed’ card provides wi-fi, ATM, and transport information.
- Insider tips will help you to save money and avoid trouble spots.
- Cultural insights will make your experience richer and more rewarding.
- Honest reviews will help you to budget.
- Planning tools for family travelers makes it easy to find fun stuff for young and old.
A complete guide is best for longer trips. With up-to-date information on many countries, cities, and regions to choose from, you can explore the world your way.
For authentic & unique experiences
- Immersive Experiences
- Trip Duration: 1 - 2 weeks
The Lonely Planet Experience guidebooks are crafted for wanderers seeking immersive journeys.
These guides provide curated recommendations, honest reviews, and cultural insights to help ensure authentic encounters, unique activities, and cultural deep dives. They will help you go beyond the surface to truly experience the heartbeat of a place, making memories that last a lifetime.
Lonely Planet Experience Guides
What to Expect
- Inspiration from full-color maps and photos throughout the guide.
- Highlights and trip builders will help you tailor your trip to your interests.
- Fresh perspectives on well-known sights will surprise you with things you haven’t thought of.
- Insider information will help you to discover hidden gems and get around like a local.
- The handy seasonal trip planner will guide you on when to travel and what to pack.
- Practical tips will help you get around, save money and experience unique ways to stay.
An experience guide will help you to streamline an immersive trip and fill it with unique adventures, authentic encounters and deep cultural experiences.
Highlights and top experiences
- Compact and portable
- Trip Duration: 1 - 7 days
Your passport to spontaneous adventure, a Lonely Planet Pocket guide is a portable companion for on-the-go explorers.
These books are compact, concise, and packed with essential information, important insights, practical tips, and handy maps. They are perfect for nimble travelers with a taste for instant discovery, helping them with hassle-free discovery during quick trips.
Lonely Planet Pocket Guides
What to Expect
- Up-to-date, essential information about transport, prices, opening hours, and contact details will help you to maximize your time.
- The user-friendly layout, organized by neighborhood shows you the best spots to explore.
- A convenient pull-out map, in full color, makes it easier to get around.
- Destination highlights make tailoring your trip to your interests a breeze.
- Insider tips will help you to save money, and avoid trouble spots.
- With honest reviews, you'll budget better and experience hidden gems most guidebooks miss.
A pocket guide will help you to get the best experiences in your chosen destination with minimal hassle, even if it’s a short trip.