Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
San Francisco city guide
11th Edition Dec 2017
Ships in 1-2 business days
was $21.99 USD
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
was $15.39 USD
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
was $28.59 USD
Grab your coat and a handful of glitter, and enter the land of fog and fabulousness. So long, inhibitions; hello, San Francisco. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of San Francisco, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet San Francisco is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be impressed by the brilliance of the Golden Gate Bridge, swing down Balmy Alley for a slice of Mission life and witness some of its oldest murals, or immerse yourself in the fog and fabulousness of the city’s hills on a cable-car ride; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s San Francisco Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, gay pride, cuisine, wine, visual arts, literature, music, architecture
- Free, convenient pull-out sheet-map city map (included in print version), plus over 30 color maps
Coverage Includes: Golden Gate Park, Fisherman’s Wharf, downtown, North Beach, Chinatown, Nob Hill, the Mission, the Castro, the Haight, Berkeley, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and more
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.