Lonely Planet’s New England is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Immerse yourself in historic Boston, wonder at Acadia National Park and munch on lobster rolls; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New England Travel Guide:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after
- 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- NEW top experiences feature - a visually inspiring collection of New England's best experiences and where to have them
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- NEW Accommodation feature gathers all the information you need to plan your accommodation
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 59 maps
Covers Boston & Around, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Central Massachusetts, the Berkshires, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and more
Publication Date: August 2022
Writers: Benedict Walker, Isabel Albiston, Amy C Balfour, Robert Balkovich, Gregor Clark, Adam Karlin, Brian Kluepfel, Regis St Louis, Mara Vorhees
448 pages, 96pp color, 57 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Not yet determined
Complete your travel selection
You are viewing a regional guide
What is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
The books is very bland. I haven’t had a chance to use it, but it doesn’t bring a whole lot of excitement.