Lonely Planet's Maui is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the sunrise at Haleakala National Park, twist and wind around the roller-coaster road to Hana, and snorkel at 'Turtle Beach'; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Maui and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Maui:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Covers Lahaina, West Maui, Iao Valley, Central Maui, Kihei, South Maui, North Shore, Upcountry, Haleakala National Park, Hana, East Maui, Lanai, Molokai and more
Publication Date:April 2021
Writers: Amy C Balfour, Jade Bremner
320 pages, 320pp color, 69 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: August 2024
You are viewing a regional guide
What is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation