Tasmania travel guide
8th Edition Nov 2018
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
Lonely Planet’s Tasmania is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Laugh, be appalled, be turned on by art for grown-ups at MONA; hike to the summit of Cradle Mountain for spectacular views; and sample a hoard of gourmet local produce – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tasmania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Tasmania:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Hobart & around, Tasman Peninsula & Port Arthur, the Southeast, Cradle Country & the West, Devonport & the Northwest, Launceston & around, Midlands & Central Highlands, the East Coast
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation