South Pacific - Solomon Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Solomon Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Pacific guidebook.
The Solomon Islands are laid-back, welcoming and often surprisingly untouched. From WWII relics scattered in the jungle to leaf-hut villages where traditional culture is alive, there’s so much on offer.
- dive and snorkel in fish soup in Marovo Lagoon
- feel free in an intimate lodge at Langa Langa Lagoon
- huff to the top of the mount on Kolombangara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guadalcanal, Honiara & around, Mataniko Falls, Tenaru Waterfalls, Florida (Nggela) Islands, Savo, Marovo Lagoon, Western Province, Bonegi, Tavanipupu Island, West New Georgia, Munda, Ghizo & around, Malaita, Auki & around, Malaita, Langa Langa Lagoon and Tetepare Island.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.