Lonely Planet's Where To Go When Europe
Where should you go next in Europe? Packed full with trip recommendations for every time of year - curated with weather, seasonal costs, crowds and events in mind - this book covers every flavour of the European travel experience, from culture-rich city breaks and sun-kissed beach escapes to scenic road trips and adrenaline-fuelled adventures.
With more than 300 suggestions for destinations across Europe and the best time of year to experience them, this 304-page book is the ultimate trip planner for every month of the year. It features unique interactive flow chart in each month's chapter to help you refine your interest. Find out how to escape the crowds in the pastel-hued villages of Italy's Cinque Terre, discover why the slopes of Moritz are the place to be come winter time, and get to know when to explore the highlands and islands of Scotland for the best weather.
Destinations are divided by months of the year, and a key describes where on the continent is best to enjoy adventure, culture and food and drink, where is best to spot species of wildlife, the best places to kick back and relax, and where you get the best bang-for-your-buck. Ultimately, whether you want to wander through sky-high mountain ranges or lose yourself wandering through quaint and cobbled city streets, this trusty and expert-led book will have you covered.
- 25 destinations for each month of the year that cover every corner of the globe
- Handy decision-making flowcharts to help you choose your next exciting getaway based on your travel passions and the activities that appeal to you the most
- Special monthly events, festivals and celebrations calendar
- Intuitive keys and colour coding that suggest ideal trip length: short break, one week, two weeks +
- Amazing experiences for all interests: wildlife & nature, adventure, value, culture, journey, food & drink, personal growth, relaxation
- Top budgeting tips in clear grids and diagrams so you can get the most out of your money
- Super family friendly breaks and experiences plus suggestions on when to leave the kids at home
Publication Date: September 2020
Writers: Lonely Planet
304 pages, 304pp color | Dimensions: 237mm × 275mm
Next edition due: Not yet determined