Explore 150 of the world’s most enchanting islands in this inspirational coffee table book that features beautiful photography, illustrations and maps. Island hop across cosmopolitan archipelagos and secret tropical paradises, discover fascinating stories about each destination, meet locals, encounter wildlife and find amazing island experiences.
Sink into the silken sands of Tobago or step foot in the abandoned prison cells of Alcatraz; unearth Burgh Island’s mysterious pirate tales or twirl forkfuls of sumptuous seafood pasta in Sicily; relax with a locally brewed craft beer on Waiheke Island or see the infamous red crabs of Christmas Island march into the ocean. Each island has its own distinctive story to tell and offers travellers a round-up of exciting activities to pursue to help make trip planning a total breeze.
Inside The Islands Book:
- An eclectic and diverse collection of islands from within the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania
- More than 600 beautiful photographs that shine a light on each island’s way of life
- An intriguing overview of the backstory, history and culture of each island destination accompanied by an introduction from a Lonely Planet expert
- Top five recommended experiences for each island plotted on a bespoke illustrated map including trips to see natural wonders, wildlife encounters, food and drink hotspots - and more
- Presented in a premium hardcover format with a stunning rainbow foil jacket and internal artwork by Taiwanese illustrator, Whooli Chen
Embark on a journey of discovery with The Islands Book and find a treasure trove of alluring island destinations. Slip into Bora Bora’s crystal clear waters, step foot in Singapore’s urban jungle, take a cooking lesson on an idyllic organic farm in Zakynthos.
Whether you’re a globetrotter in search of island solitude or a vibrant island metropolis, you’ll find the inspiration for your next travel adventure in the pages of this extraordinary book. Treat yourself to this mesmerising guide or gift The Islands Book to the traveller in your life.
Publication Date: October 2022
Writers: Lonely Planet
320 pages | Dimensions: 230mm width × 300mm height
Next edition due: Not yet determined