Spain - Extremadura (PDF Chapter)
This is the Extremadura chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
Journey into the heart of old Spain, from the country’s finest Roman ruins to mysterious me-dieval cities and time-worn villages. Spaniards, however, know Extremadura as a place to sample some of inland Spain’s best food.
- wander the Ciudad Monumental’s cobbled streets and packed-out tapas bars of Cáce-res
- clamber over Spain’s finest Roman ruins in Mérida
- travel to Trujillo, the medieval hometown of some of Latin America’s most infamous con-quistadors
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cáceres, Casar de Cáceres, Alcántara, Trujillo, Gua-dalupe, Plasencia, La Vera, Valle del Ambroz, Parque Nacional de Monfragüe, Mérida, Olivenza, Zafra & Around, Badajoz.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation