Rio de Janeiro
Golden beaches and lush mountains, samba-fueled nightlife and spectacular football matches: welcome to the Cidade Maravilhosa (Marvelous City). Lonely Planet is your passport to Rio de Janeiro, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Parade amid pounding drums at Carnaval, people-watch on Ipanema Beach, watch the sun set from Sugarloaf Mountain; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rio de Janeiro and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – food, drink, samba, carnaval, music, history, football, architecture, arts
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 26 colour maps
Covers includes: Ipanema, Leblon, Gávea, Jardim Botânico, Lagoa, Copacabana, Leme, Botafogo, Humaitá, Urca, Flamengo, Centro, Praça Mauá, Santa Teresa, Lapa, Zona Norte, Barra da Tijuca, Western Rio, and more
Publication Date: June 2019
Writers: Regis St Louis
256 pages, 256pp color, 29 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Out of print
Add to your travels: