Madrid city guide
9th Edition Jan 2019
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
No city on earth is more alive than Madrid, a beguiling place whose sheer energy carries a simple message: this city really knows how to live. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Madrid, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Madrid is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. View the marvellous frescoes at Plaza Mayor, enjoy tapas in La Latina and take a stroll with the locals in the Parque del Buen Retiro – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madrid and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Madrid:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Salamanca, Plaza Mayor, Royal Madrid, La Latina, Lavapiés, Malasaña, Chueca, Parque del Oeste, Sol, Santa Ana, Huertas, El Retiro, and more
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.