Embark on over 50 of the world's most life-affirming journeys and nurture your path to self-discovery. Packed with beautiful photography and inspiring first-person insights for each trip, from hiking Japan's sacred Shikoku pilgrimage to following the Underground Railroad in the US. This is the perfect book for anyone seeking to travel with purpose.
Each journey features first-hand accounts from travellers with insightful tips on how to begin planning an enlightening travel experience. From cultural explorations to challenging expeditions, travellers can spend a month of reflection on foot through Northern Spain to reach the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela; connect body and mind as they canoe the wild and remote Yukon River in Canada; embrace the wonders of rail travel aboard Australia's luxurious Ghan; plus so much more.
Inside Your Trip Starts Here:
- More than 50 life-changing journeys with explanations about how each trip can influence your personal growth
- Trips in the book cover themes of Culture, Road Trips, Off the Beaten Path, Adventure & Sport, Pilgrimages, History, Wildlife & Nature
- Vivid and powerful photography that illustrates the magnitude of each extraordinary travel experience
- First-person accounts from travellers who have embarked on each journey and the ways it affected them
- Intuitive icon grading for how each journey may change you: emotional or spiritual growth; the insights and understanding it might bring; the physical skills and experience gained
- In the know tips, detailed maps and practical information on how to get there, where to stay, when to go, what to take, tours available and more, to help you plan your adventure
Features trips in: Americas - Mexico, Ecuador, Canada, Bolivia, North America, South America, USA. Europe - Norway, Spain, France, England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, Ireland, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria. Asia - India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan, Singapore, China, Borneo, South Korea, Turkey, Japan. Oceania - Australia, New Zealand. Africa & the Middle East - Jordan, Oman, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Publication Date: September 2023
Writers: Lonely Planet
304 pages, 0 maps | Dimensions: 230mm width × 270mm height
Next edition due: Not yet determined