Venice & the Veneto
Imagine the audacity of building a city of marble palaces on a lagoon – and that was only the start. Lonely Planet is your passport to Venice & the Veneto, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
See Basilica di San Marco lit by the setting sun, feel the drama at Opera at Teatro La Fenice, or shop for creations of Venetian artisans; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Venice & the Veneto and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Venice & the Veneto Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – food, wine, art, architecture, theatre, opera, history, visual arts, Venetian artisans, environment
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 31 colour maps
Covers includes: San Marco, Dorsoduro, San Polo & Santa Croce, Cannaregio, Castello, Giudecca, Lido & the Southern Islands, Murano, Burano & the Northern Islands, Day Trips and more
Publication Date: January 2020
Writers: Peter Dragicevich, Paula Hardy
296 pages, 296pp color, 35 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Not yet determined
Add to your travels: