Tibetan Phrasebook & Dictionary
Lonely Planet Tibet Phrasebook & Dictionary is a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
It's your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Tibetan phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Ask for trekking directions and order dishes with confidence; all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Tibet Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full-colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical – travel with kids, disabled travellers, senior travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, shopping, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
Publication Date: February 2020
Writers: Sandup Tsering
244 pages, 244pp color, 0 maps | Dimensions: 93mm × 140mm
Next edition due: Not yet determined