South America travel guide
14th Edition Oct 2019
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
This edition is an update of South America on a Shoestring into the new guidebook format. The content continues to include budget guidance as well as other recommendations so that this guide to South America is perfect for all travellers.
Andean peaks, Amazonian rainforest, Patagonian glaciers, Incan ruins, colonial towns and white-sand beaches: the wonders of South America set the stage for incredible adventures. Lonely Planet is your passport to South America, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Wander through the stone temples of Machu Picchu, trek through the Amazon, or party in Rio de Janeiro; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South America Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - History, People & Culture
Coverage includes: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.