Pocket Washington DC
3rd Edition Dec 2017
Ships in 1-2 business days
Book + eBook
Lonely Planet Pocket Washington, DC, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
It's your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Climb the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, tour the White House and learn about the presidents who’ve lived here, be moved by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Washington, DC and begin your journey now!
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Washington, DC map (included in print version), plus over 11 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Coverage Includes: National Mall, White House Area, Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Downtown, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan and more
You are viewing a Pocket GuideWhat is a Pocket Guide?
Ideal for short breaks and weekends. These small, handy guides are concise, colourful and easy to use, getting you to the heart of a city with expert advice, neighbourhood chapters, top sights, walking tours and day planners.
- Discover the best things to see and do in each neighbourhood
- Get the tips and tricks for a seamless, hassle-free experience
- Themed highlights include eating and shopping to bars and nightlife
- Comes with a full colour, detailed pull-out map