Lonely Planet's Guide to Travel Photography
The fifth edition of Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Photography shows readers how to develop their photographic skills and avoid common mistakes.
This ultimate step-by-step guide to taking better travel photographs is full of practical exercises and tips to hone technique. It is comprehensively illustrated with stunning and inspiring travel photographs, all with how-to explanations.
Readers are guaranteed to produce cover photo quality images after following Richard I’Anson’s instructions.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
The best-selling Lonely Planet's Guide to Travel Photography is written by internationally renowned travel photographer Richard I'Anson. He shares his wealth of experience and knowledge about travel photography in this jargon-free guide to taking better photographs.
This new edition has been thoroughly updated and refreshed with up-to-the minute advice, information and instructions on how to take amazing travel photographs using the latest digital cameras. It also includes tips on how to get great results from smartphones, DSLR cameras, drones and GoPro action cameras.
The author explains:
- How to get started in travel photography
- What kit is required - whether you?re an enthusiastic amateur photographer or a budding professionals - and how to use it
- Types of software and computers needed to process pin-sharp images
- On-the-ground advice, including photography etiquette, safety and security Essential advice and know-how on lighting, composing and shooting great images
- How to choose the best lense, set aperture, shutter speeds and exposure
- Detailed instructions on taking photographs of moving subjects, portraits of people, landscapes, cities, wildlife, festivals, food and drink
- Processing, saving and sharing digital images using various software programs, and even selling travel images.
Lonely Planet's Guide to Travel Photography is the definitive handbook for anybody keen to improve the photographs they take on their travel trips and wow their friends and family at home. It's a long-standing success and will continue to inspire a new generation of travellers with the updated information and tips inside.
Publication Date: July 2016
Writers: I'Anson, Richard
376 pages | Dimensions: 165mm width × 210mm height
Next edition due: Not yet determined
Complete your travel selection