Vivid nature, voluptuous landscapes and a vibrant culture collide with a painful past and optimistic future to make Laos an enigmatic experience for the adventurous. Lonely Planet is your passport to Laos, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Explore the backstreets of Luang Prabang by bike, soak up sun or grab a kayak on Si Phan Don, or embark on a community-based trek with a traditional homestay; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Laos and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Laos Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people & culture, environment
Coverage includes: Luang Prabang & Around, Northern Laos, Vientiane, Vang Vieng & Around, Central Laos, Southern Laos and more
Publication Date: June 2020
Writers: Austin Bush, Bruce Evans, Nick Ray
320 pages, 64pp color, 49 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: July 2025
Add to your travels: