How Everything Works US
1st Edition Sep 2022
Release delays: This title is expected to be in stock on December 6 in the Americas regions only. It will be available everywhere else September 1.
The latest title in the popular ‘How Things Work’ series will make the ordinary seem extraordinary. Featuring the beautifully detailed illustrations of James Gulliver Hancock, How Everything Works will take a close-up look at the world around us to examine well-known, everyday environments and reveal how all the various objects and machines found there operate.
Full-page gatefolds showcase large, dense scenes while smaller flaps can be opened to uncover the secrets of the latest gizmos and gadgets. Explore a home, a building site, a factory, a shopping mall, an office and a busy street; find out how a car, a computer, a conveyor belt and mobile phone work, and much more!
- A History of Things: watch as a street changes through time
- Down on the Farm: from tractors to combine harvesters and wind turbines
- At the Construction Site: mix cement, dig underground, and then look upward to cranes and skyscrapers
- Staying in Touch: connect through mobile phones, wireless tech and satellite communications
- Getting Around - local: hit the road with cars, buses, bicycles, motorbikes and even electric vehicles
- Getting Around - long distance: jump aboard trains, planes and boats
- In the Home: the inner workings of washing machines, lightbulbs and electricity
- At the Office: computers, photocopiers, air con
- Entertainment: from rollercoasters to video games
- Shopping: scan barcodes and watch CCTV
- At the Factory: from assembly lines to automation, robots and fork-lift trucks
- At the hospital: uncover modern medicine