Hawai'i, the Big Island travel guide
4th Edition Sep 2017
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
was $13.99 USD
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
Indulge your spirit of adventure on the biggest Hawaiian island. It’s still a vast frontier, full of unexpected wonders. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Hawai‘i, the Big Island, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Hawaii, the Big Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike trails through smoking craters at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, stargaze at the clear skies from Mauna Kea, and snorkel in Kealakekua Bay; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Hawaii, the Big Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Hawaii, the Big Island Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, lifestyle, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 40 color maps
Coverage Includes: Kailua-Kona, Kohala, Waimea, Mauna Kea, Saddle Road, Hamakua Coast, Waipio Valley, Hilo, Puna, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Caldera, Kau and more
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.