Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Epic Hikes of the World
1st Edition Aug 2018
With stories of 50 incredible hiking routes in 30 countries, from New Zealand to Peru, plus a further 150 suggestions, Lonely Planet’s Epic Hikes of the World will inspire a lifetime of adventure on foot. From one-day jaunts and urban trails to month-long thru-hikes, cultural rambles and mountain expeditions, each journey shares one defining feature: being truly epic.
In this follow-up to Epic Bike Rides and Epic Drives, we share our adventures on the world’s best treks and trails. Epic Hikes is organised by continent, with each route brought to life by a first-person account, beautiful photographs and charming illustrated maps. Additionally, each hike includes trip planning advice on how to get there, where to stay, what to pack and where to eat, as well as recommendations for three similar hikes in other regions of the world.
Hikes featured include:
Africa & the Middle East:
- Cape Town’s Three Peaks (South Africa)
- Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)
- Camp to Camp in South Luangwa National Park (Zambia)
- Angel’s Landing, Zion National Park (USA)
- Skyline Trail, Jasper National Park (Canada)
- Concepción volcano hike (Nicaragua)
- 88 Sacred Temples of Shikoku Pilgrimage (Japan)
- Markha Valley (India)
- Gubeikou to Jinshanling on the Great Wall (China)
- Wordsworth’s Backyard: Dove Cottage and around Rydal and Grasmere (UK)
- Alpine Pass Route (Switzerland)
- Camino de Santiago (Spain)
- Sydney’s Seven Bridges Walk (Australia)
- The Routeburn Track (New Zealand)
- Kokoda Track (Papua New Guinea)
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.