Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks - Moab (PDF Chapter)
This is the Moab chapter from Lonely Planet’s Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guidebook.
Doling out hot tubs and pub grub after a dusty day on the trail, Moab is southern Utah’s adven-ture base camp. Mobs arrive to play in Utah’s recreation capital – from the hiker to the four-wheeler, the cult of recreation borders on fetishism.
- check out flocks of more than 200 species of bird at Matheson Wetlands Preserve
- grab a pint of local beer and relax in one of Main Street’s restobars
- go rustic at a low-key campsite shaded by canyon walls while the Colorado River rushes by
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Driving Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation