Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks - Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guidebook.
Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument is one of the largest parks in the Southwest, with some of the least visited – yet most spectacular – scenery, including impossibly narrow slot canyons, rippled slickrock and pink dunes.
- explore the stunning rock formations and interesting hikes along Cottonwood Canyon Road
- follow an historic wagon trail along Hole-in-the-Rock Road
- get your feet wet on the Escalante River Natural Bridge hike
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Overnight Hike, Driving, Other Activities, Sleeping, Kodachrome Basin State Park, Escalante, Boulder, Kanab, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness Area.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.