Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks - Capitol Reef National Park & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Capitol Reef National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guidebook.
In this forgotten fold of the Colorado Plateau, you’ll find slot canyons that appear as cathedrals cut from the earth, and giant cream-colored domes that arc into perfectly blue skies that hold little fluffy clouds.
- pluck apples, peaches and cherries in the Fruita historic orchard
- scale the Waterpocket Fold in search of secret slot canyons and lookouts
- explore Capitol Reef’s enormous Navajo sandstone domes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Other Activities, Sights, Fruita Historic Dis-trict, Sleeping & Eating, Torrey, Goblin Valley State Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.