Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks - Capitol Reef National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Capitol Reef National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guidebook.
In this forgotten fold of the Colorado Plateau, you’ll find slot canyons that appear as cathedrals cut from the earth, and giant domes that arc into perfectly blue skies. Capitol Reef has a carefree air that promises wide-open vistas, limited crowds (for now at least), and plenty of adventure.
- pluck apples, peaches and cherries in an historic orchard
- scale the Waterpocket Fold in search of secret slot canyons and lookouts
- explore Capitol Reef’s enormous Navajo sandstone domes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Guided Tours, Cycling, Swimming, Fishing, Sights, Fruita Historic District, Highway 24, Sleeping & Eating, Torrey, Goblin Valley State Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.