Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks - Bryce Canyon National Park & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bryce Canyon National Park & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guidebook.
These sights are nothing short of otherworldly. Repeated freezes and thaws have eroded soft sandstone and limestone into a landscape that’s utterly unique: sandcastle spires known as hoo-doos, jutted fins, windows and deep narrows.
- watch the sun set over the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon from Paria View
- horseback ride beneath the soaring Wall of Windows on the Peekaboo Loop Trail
- following the twisting trail 1000ft to the canyon floor in Bryce Amphitheatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Other Activities, Cycling, Horseback Riding, Wildlife Watching, Ranger Programs, Winter Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Tropic, Red Canyon, Panguitch .
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation