Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks - Around Bryce Canyon National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Bryce Canyon National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guidebook.
This is Butch Cassidy country, where legends of the outlaw abound. He’s said to have ridden the trails in scenic Red Canyon. Today, this area is a great place to go cycling with both paved bike paths and moutain-biking trails.
If you’re looking for a base for visiting Bryce Canyon National Park, the farming community of Tropic and tourist-friendly, old-fashioned Panguitch, are good options. This is Butch Cassidy country, where legends of the outlaw abound. He’s said to have ridden the trails in scenic Red Canyon, past the red limestone towers where a hiking route is named for him today. The gunslinger’s boyhood home can be visited in tiny Circleville. This is a great place to go cycling: unlike Bryce Canyon, Red Canyon has both paved bike paths and mountain-biking trails.
- hike and bike your way around Red Canyon’s magnificent rock formations
- relax in the tourist-friendly old-fashioned town of Panguitch
- visit Butch Cassidy’s boyhood home in tiny Circleville
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tropic, Red Canyon, Panguitch, Sights, Activities, Sleeping, Eating & Drinking, Festivals & Events.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.