Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks - Yosemite National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yosemite National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks guidebook.
Yosemite is the jaw-dropping head-turner of USA national parks. From the waterfall-striped granite walls buttressing emerald green Yosemite Valley to the skyscraping giant sequoias catapulting into the air at Mariposa Grove, the park’s natural beauty will leave you awestruck.
- contemplate the terminus of the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River and the valley dam that broke John Muir’s heart
- be dazzled by frosted glaciers, granite crests and endless alpine lakes in Yosemite’s high country
- witness the iconic rocks of Half Dome and El Capitan in Yosemite Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Driving, Cycling, Other Activities, Winter Activities, Sights, Sleeping, Eating & Drinking.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.