Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks - Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks guidebook.
With towering forests of giant sequoias containing some of the largest trees in the world and the mighty Kings River careening through the depths of Kings Canyon, these parks are less-er-visited jewels where it’s easier to find quiet and solitude.
- drive the twisty Kings Canyon Scenic Byway, which provides awesome views at every turn
- stare up at the world’s largest trees in Giant Forest
- backpack along ridges, rivers, and waterfalls while enjoying jaw-dropping mountain vewis on the High Sierra Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sequoia National Park & Around, Kings Canyon Na-tional Park & Around, Three Rivers, Visalia.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.