Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks - Around Yosemite National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Yosemite National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yosemite, Se-quoia & Kings Canyon National Parks guidebook.
Though many consider Yosemite the crème de la crème of the Sierras, you may just find you prefer the flavor of other regions around it: Mono Lake, Mammoth Lakes, hidden hot springs, shimmering alpine lakes and some of the state’s most dramatic mountain scenery.
- paddle around Mono Lake’s eerie tufa formations
- bounce and splash through white-water rapids in the spectacular Merced River Canyon
- soak in natural hot springs and ramble along the phenomenal hiking trails of Mammoth Lakes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yosemite Gateways, Highway 140, Highway 120 (West), South of Yosemite (Highway 41), Fish Camp, Oakhurst, Tioga Pass & Around, Lee Vining, Eastern Sierra, North of Mono Lake, Mammoth Lakes Region.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation