Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks - Yellowstone National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yellowstone National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks guidebook.
While Yellowstone’ astounding geysers and their neighboring Technicolor hot springs and bub-bling mud pots draw in the crowds (over 4 million people each year), the surrounding canyons, mountains and forests are no less impressive.
- escape the Old Faithful crowds to private backcountry waterfalls and geysers
- watch some of the park's richest wildlife along the Lamar and Yellowstone Rivers
- hike the walls of the epic Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mammoth Country, Roosevelt Country, Canyon Coun-try, Lake Country, Norris, Geyser Country, Bechler Region.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation