Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks - Grand Teton National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Grand Teton National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks guidebook.
Rough-cut summits rising sharply from a lush valley floor, the Tetons are a sight to behold. Simply put, this is sublime and crazy terrain, crowned by the dagger-edged Grand (13,770ft), a giant in the history of American mountaineering.
- float down the lazy Snake River, which parallels the park to the east
- cycle Mormon Row, a historic back road with weathered barns and herds of pronghorn
- explore Colter Bay, the center for water sports on Jackson Lake
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Colter Bay Region, Central Teton, The Tetons via Idaho, Moose—Wilson Road and John D Rockefeller Jr Memorial Parkway.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.