Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks - Around Yellowstone (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Yellowstone chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks guidebook.
The 43,750-sq-mile Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem doesn’t end at the park fence. Enveloping the park kernel is a protective cushion of national forests and wilderness areas that offer almost as much scenic splendor as the park itself, but without the crowds and the permits.
- grip the steering wheel extra tight as you climb the spaghetti loops of Beartooth Highway
- enjoy some of the best cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the country at West Yellow-stone
- hit the hiking trails of the Gallatin Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beartooth Route, Billings, Red Lodge, Beartooth High-way, Chief Joseph Scenic Byway, Cooke City, Wapiti Route, Cody, Wapiti Valley, Paradise Valley Route, Livingston, Paradise Valley, Gardiner, Gallatin Route, Bozeman, Gallatin Valley, Hebgen & Quake Lakes, West Yellowstone.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.