Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks - Around Grand Teton (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Grand Teton chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks guidebook.
Outside the park boundaries, the rampage of beauty continues with cold clear rivers, winding single tracks and steep powder runs. Visit this region in winter and you will find Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee resorts serving up deep, pillowy snow.
- feast on gourmet fare, luxuriant lodgings and a host of summer events in Jackson
- soak away your muscle aches at Granite Hot Springs
- ski the steep, deep runs of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jackson, Jackson Hole, Upper Wind River Valley, Ida-ho’s Teton Valley.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation