Western USA - Understand Western USA and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Western USA Today, History, Way of Life, Native Americans, Arts & Architecture, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts, and landscapes to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the spectacular landscapes of the west
- info on the country’s Native American heritage
- full coverage of the people and events that shaped the region
- details on lifestyles, immigration, religion, sports and politics
Coverage includes: Western USA Today, History, Way of Life, Native Americans, Arts & Architecture, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation