*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Western USA - Understand Western USA and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Western USA Today, History, The Way of Life, Native Americans, Western Cuisine, Arts & Architecture, The Land & Wildlife, Directory A-Z and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture, food, drink and music to flights, public transportation, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the region’s geology, geography and wildlife
- info on craft beer, local wine and the cuisine scene
- full coverage of the arts, from literature and cinema to architecture and music
- details on indigenous tribes of the West
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.