Western USA - Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
The Southwest is America’s wild backyard, luring adventurous travelers with red-rock can-yons, Wild West legends and the kicky delights of green-chile stew. It’s an ideal destination for road-trippers, with a splendid network of scenic drives linking the most beautiful and iconic sites.
- catch the sunset from a South Rim viewpoint in Grand Canyon National Park
- explore the cultural diversions, from Meow Wolf to international folk art, in Santa Fe
- stay brave while hiking Angels Landing, Zion National Park, a stunning slice of Utah can-yonland
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nevada, Las Vegas & Around, Western Nevada, The Great Basin, Arizona, Phoenix, Grand Canyon National Park & Around, Tucson & Around, Utah, Salt Lake City, Park City & Wasatch Mountains, Moab, Zion, New Mexico, Albuquerque, Along I-40, Santa Fe & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.