*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Western USA - Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
The Southwest is America’s untamed backyard, where life plays out before a stunning backdrop of red rocks, lofty peaks, shimmering lakes and deserts dotted with saguaro cacti. And the best part for travelers? A splendid network of scenic drives linking the most beautiful and iconic sites.
- stroll the Rim Trail at Grand Canyon National Park
- live your own John Wayne Western in northeastern Arizona’s Monument Valley
- practice your fast draw in dusty Tombstone
- restaurants & accommodations
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.