Western USA - Rocky Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
Welcome to where the US takes on truly epic proportions. Here in Colorado, Wyoming, Mon-tana and Idaho, the Great Plains of the American West collide with the drama-filled Rockies, one of the most beautiful mountain ranges on Earth.
- spot bears, wolves and bison between hot springs and geysers in Yellowstone National Park
- revel in Hollywood-gone-cowboy in Aspen, Colorado’s premier party resort
- hike and climb the craggiest of mountains in Grand Teton National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Colorado, Denver, Boulder, Northern Mountains, Wyoming, Cheyenne, Laramie, Lander, Jackson, Cody, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Montana, Bozeman & Gallatin Valley, Billings, Helena, Missoula, Whitefish, Glac-ier National Park, Idaho, Boise, Ketchum & Sun Valley, Stanley.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation