Western USA - Rocky Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guide-book.
Welcome to America’s playground. Modern adventurers may plan casual expeditions over microbrews and organic burgers, but these lands are far from tamed. Vast mountain ranges re-main wild, largely thanks to the USA’s brilliant public lands system.
- spot bears, and bison between hot springs and geysers in Yellowstone National Park
- revel in Hollywood-gone-cowboy in Aspen, Colorado’s premier party resort
- hike and climb the craggiest of mountains in Grand Teton National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Colorado, Denver, Boulder, Northern Mountains, Central Colorado, Southern Colorado, Wyoming, Cheyenne, Laramie, Lander, Jackson, Cody, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Montana, Bozeman, Gallatin & Paradise Valleys, Billings, Helena, Missoula, Flathead Lake, Whitefish, Glacier National Park, Idaho, Boi-se, Ketchum & Sun Valley, Stanley, Idaho Panhandle.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.