*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Western USA - Rocky Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
The high backbone of the lower 48, the Rockies are nature on steroids, with rows of snowcapped peaks, rugged canyons and wild rivers running buckshot over the western states. Climbing, skiing and white-water paddling exertions can be offset by soaking in hot springs.
- spot bears, bison and geysers at Yellowstone National Park
- revel in Hollywood-gone-cowboy in the party resort of Aspen
- enjoy the untamed splendour of Glacier National Park
- restaurants & accommodations
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.