*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Western USA - California (PDF Chapter)
This is the California chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
With bohemian spirit, high-tech savvy, and a die-hard passion for the good life – whether that means cracking open a bottle of old-vine Zinfandel, climbing a 14,000ft peak or surfing the Pa-cific – California soars beyond any expectations sold on Hollywood’s silver screens.
- chase waterfalls and climbing granite domes in Yosemite National Park
- make the most of multicultural neighborhoods and Hollywood’s red-carpet nightlife in Los Angeles
- cruise Hwy 1 atop sculpted seacliffs on the bohemian Big Sur coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Los Angeles, Southern Californian Coast, Disneyland & Anaheim, Orange County Beaches, San Diego, Palm Springs & the Deserts, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, Mojave National Preserve, Death Valley National Park, Central Coast, Santa Barbara & Around, San Luis Obispo & Around, Morro Bay, Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Francisco & Around, Marin County, Berkeley, Northern California, Wine Country, North Coast, Sacramento, Gold Country, California’s Northern Mountains, Sierra Nevada, Yosemite National Park, Sequoia & Kings Can-yon National Parks, Eastern Sierra, Lake Tahoe.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.