*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Western USA - California (PDF Chapter)
This is the California chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western USA guidebook.
With bohemian spirit and high-tech savvy, not to mention a die-hard passion for the good life, California soars beyond any expectations sold on Hollywood’s silver screens. From miles of coastline to snowy slopes, bright city lights to lush vineyards, the Golden State beckons.
- seek out waterfalls and climb granite domes in Yosemite National Park
- make the most of multicultural neighborhoods and Hollywood’s red-carpet nightlife in Los Angeles
- cruise Hwy 1 atop sculpted sea cliffs on the bohemian Big Sur coast
- restaurants & accommodations
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.