*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Western Europe - The Netherlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Netherlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Allow plenty of time to revel in the magical capital Amsterdam, to venture further afield to canal-laced towns such as Leiden and Delft, and to check out exquisite Maastricht and the pulsing port city of Rotterdam. It’s a very big small country.
- cruise the Unesco-listed canals of Amsterdam soaking up one of Europe’s most enchanting old cities
- marvel at the astonishing Markthal Rotterdam, an architectural highlight of the Netherlands’ hip-and-happening ‘second city’
- explore the centuries-old tunnels below the resplendent city of Maastricht at Fort Sint Pieter
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Amsterdam, The Randstad, Haarlem, Leiden, Den Haag, Delft, Rotterdam, Utrecht, The South, Maastricht, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.