Western Europe - The Netherlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Netherlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Tradition and innovation intertwine in the Netherlands. The legacies of great Dutch artists Rembrandt, Vermeer and Van Gogh, beautiful 17th-century canals, vintage windmills, tulip fields and candlelit cafes coexist with visionary contemporary architecture, cutting-edge design and food, phenomenal nightlife and a progressive mindset.
- cruise canals, lounge in brown-cafes and admire world-class art in Amsterdam
- marvel at 20th-century and contemporary architecture in Rotterdam
- explore centuries-old tunnels at Maastricht Underground
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Amsterdam, The Randstad, Haarlem, Leiden, Den Haag, Delft, Rotterdam, Utrecht, The South, Maastricht, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.