Western Europe - Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Don’t depend just on your postcard images of Bern’s and Lucerne’s chocolate-box architec-ture, the majestic Matterhorn or those pristine lakes – Switzerland is a place so outrageously beautiful it simply must be seen to be believed.
- discover zesty Zurich via a daytime stroll along the city’s sublime lake followed by a rollicking night out
- marvel at the iconic Matterhorn and wandering around car-free Zermatt
- enjoy the charm of Bern and Lucerne: think medieval Old Town appeal, folkloric fountains and art
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Geneva, Lake Geneva & Vaud, Lausanne, Fribourg, Drei-Seen-Land and The Jura, Gruyères, Valais, Zermatt, Bern, Central Switzerland, Lucerne, Bernese Oberland, Interlaken, Grindelwald, Wengen, Jungfraujoch, Gimmelwald, Mürren, Schilthorn, Zürich, Northwestern Switzerland, Basel, Ticino, Locarno, Lugano, Graubünden, St Moritz, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.